For families looking for Ft Collins homes for sale, or new homes in Loveland, CO, you will likely want to plan a visit to northern Colorado and begin exploring the area to determine if you could picture yourself living here. Luckily, one of the perks of living in Fort Collins and Loveland is the abundance of activities to do throughout the year; however, that can become a challenge if planning a = vacation.
In order to help with your vacation planning, we’ve assembled a list of the top things to do in northern Colorado.
- Loveland Museum/Gallery: Accredited by the American Allegiance of Museums, the Loveland Museum offers a rotation of art and history exhibits every 8 – 12 weeks. Be sure to visit their website before your trip to see if there are any art classes or events to pencil in to your travel itinerary.
- Fort Collins Museum of Art (FCMOA): Just north of Loveland in Fort Collins, the FCMOA offers a variety of cultural expressions that both highlight local talent as well as bringing in nationally renowned exhibits.
- Chapungu Sculpture Park: Bringing international flair to northern Colorado, take an afternoon to walk around the beautiful scenery of Chapungu Sculpture Park at Centerra and soak in more than 80 sculptures hand carved by some of the great stone sculptors of Zimbabwe, Africa.
- Benson Sculpture Park: Located on Aspen Drive, the nationally renowned Benson Sculpture Garden showcases a beautiful outdoor sculpture exhibit. There are currently 144 pieces of sculpture on permanent display.
Planning a family adventure:
- Whitewater rafting: With the Poudre River and Big Thompson River both within a short drive of Loveland, whitewater rafting is a popular activity for families seeking a thrill. There are several local rafting companies to guide your trip and make sure the day is not only fun but safe, too. Be sure to book in advance to make sure they have availability during the time you want to be hitting the rapids.
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery: The FCMOD is an educational (and fun!) way to spend an afternoon. While you’re there, you can also experience breathtaking full dome films at the OtterBox Digital Dome Theater.
- Colorado Cherry Company: If maneuvering rapids isn’t your thing, you can still enjoy the scenic Big Thompson Canyon with a drive up to the beloved Colorado Cherry Company. A great destination for stocking up on ciders, jams, syrups and relishes to take home as souvenirs!
- Shopping at Centerra: The Marketplace at Centerra, Promenade Shops at Centerra and the Outlets of Loveland both offer lots of great shopping destinations for spending a day walking around in the beautiful Colorado sunshine. With plenty of dining options, it’s easy to find something the whole family will enjoy when you’re ready to take a break and stop for a bite to eat.
An adults-only afternoon:
- Brewery/Distillery Tours: Northern Colorado is known for their unique craft breweries and distilleries. For some adults-only fun, check out some of the local favorites like Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, New Belgium Brewery, Odell Brewing Company, Crow Hop Brewing, Verboten Brewing and Dancing Pines Distillery.
- Studio Vino: Combining two of Loveland’s favorite past-times, Studio Vino is a fun destination for enjoying some wine while taking part in some creative expression. The artists at Studio Vino will guide you through painting your own masterpiece, leaving you with great memories and a special work of original art to take home with you.
The Lakes at Centerra is conveniently located at the heart of lots of great activities available throughout northern Colorado.
Contact us today to learn more about the Loveland lifestyle.