With the kids out of the house, it’s the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the perks of living in beautiful Colorado! While your family will always come first, it’s a great time to spend your days focused on you, your partner and exciting Northern Colorado happenings. Bring along good friends and make new ones as you engage in the outdoors and the vibrant community surrounding you. Here are some tips as you settle into your new adventurous and carefree lifestyle:
- Get Involved – When it comes to meeting new people, there are more than enough opportunities at The Lakes at Centerra. With various clubs exclusive to the community residents, you can enjoy yoga classes, running/walking groups, game clubs, quilting clubs and more! Start your day off refreshed and energized with an early morning workout or wrap up your day as the newest card shark for game nights, all while getting to know your neighbors! Can’t find a club that interests you? Our onsite Lifestyle Director always welcomes new ideas for connecting residents and having fun.
- Get Outside – There are many perks offered at The Lakes at Centerra and now is the perfect opportunity to get more involved! The High Plains Environmental Center is located in the heart of The Lakes at Centerra and has a four-acre Giving Garden that provides 45,000 pounds of freshly grown produce to local non-profits such as the Larimer County Food Bank and Loveland House of Neighborly Service. Give back to your community without having to step foot outside of your neighborhood! With plenty of volunteer opportunities there is always room for giving back, learn more.
- Explore Your Neck of the Woods – When the weekend rolls around, head outside and explore all that is at your fingertips in Northern Colorado. With endless lakes, mountains and biking trails, there are many reasons why Loveland, Colorado is an outdoor paradise for all activity skill levels. Take up a new hobby and try fishing, swimming, boating, hiking or biking in the neighboring areas. With endless sunshine, Loveland, Colorado weather is the perfect location for outdoor explorations year-round. Some of our favorite destinations near The Lakes at Centerra include Houts Reservoir, Horsetooth Rock and Reservoir, the extensive trail system within Centerra, and Carter Lake in Loveland, Colorado. When the weather cools down and the seasons change, there are plenty of fall foliage destinations as well as top-notch ski resorts around the area to ensure your outdoor adventures continue (regardless of how many layers you’re wearing). Wherever you choose to go, you’ll have a day full of exploration, sunshine and the opportunity to take your time as you soak it all in.
- Dinner Time – Mouth-watering dining options can be found all across Northern Colorado from high-end dining to a casual night out, there are plenty of restaurants in Loveland, Colorado and the surrounding areas to cater to whatever kind of meal you are craving. If you’re not wanting to eat out, you can pick up local produce from one of the many farmer’s markets that take place in the area. Or partake in a community BBQ happening at The Lakes Club where you can mingle with neighbors and pass the time sitting on the patio enjoying a glass of wine, or perhaps catch the beautiful sunset as you bird watch or fish off of the dock.
- Keep Your Eyes on the Calendar – Loveland, Colorado has a variety of annual events that the locals look forward to all year. We suggest you mark your calendars and join in the traditions! Don’t forget to invite your neighbors. Here are some annual events you won’t want to miss; Sounds of Centerra, Loveland Fire and Ice Festival, Corn Roast Festival, Art in the Park, Night on the Town, Pastels on Fifth, and The Larimer County Fair and Rodeo.
Take advantage of a quiet house and enjoy the finer things in life! Get outside, get to know your neighbors and embark on all of the adventures of this exciting new phase in life. The sense of community and inclusiveness at The Lakes at Centerra is why life is truly different here.