Downtown Loveland: Everything You Love at Your Fingertips
Nearly 140 years ago, the City of Loveland was established with a population of 250 people and recognized for being a shipping hub for agriculture and industrial industries due to its location next to the railroad. Hop forward in time to 2018 where downtown Loveland, Colorado is now a world‑renowned art mecca, dining hub, shopping destination and home to 76,701 Lovelanders and growing.
If you were to look at a map of Loveland, Colorado, The Lakes at Centerra is just a short 12‑minute commute to the heart of downtown. This eclectic, vibrant and forward‑thinking community is interactive with its residents through art, sculptures and music around just about every corner. While it is nearly impossible to capture all that this lovely city has to offer, we have picked the top five things to do in downtown Loveland, Colorado.
- Rialto Theater – The Rialto Theater started off as a silent movie theater in 1920 and has grown exponentially since. It is treasured today by the Loveland community for hosting music, theater, film and various community events. Performers and audiences of the Rialto Theater continue to be amazed by the state‑of‑the‑art sound system which fills the space with incredible music. There are events held multiple days a week at the Rialto, making it accessible for residents and visitors of Loveland to catch a film, concert or play during the week.
- Loveland Museum and Gallery – Founded in 1937, the Loveland Museum and Gallery is the only accredited art and history museum in Northern Colorado and highlights various exhibits throughout the year. They offer various events such as adult and youth classes, lectures, poetry reading and more. Whether guests are coming from just a block up the street, or half way around the world, all are welcome to explore the history within these remarkable walls. This Loveland mainstay does a phenomenal job staying up to date with the latest art and trends and rotates out art exhibits every 8‑12 weeks, striving to inspire residents and visitors alike with challenging and unique pieces to support the forward‑thinking attitude of the community.
- Night on the Town – If you find yourself in downtown on the second Friday of the month, you’re in luck! For the past 12 years, Night on the Town has become a tradition for the community to gather, celebrate and support local entertainment. This family‑friendly event consists of entertainment, dining, shopping, art exhibits, local brewery tastings and much more! Being emerged in a community that focuses on inclusion, connectivity and creativity is indescribable. Local artists are able to interact with art admirers and explain their work in depth, giving visitors a fresh and meaningful experience like never before.
- Beer Tastings – In case you haven’t heard, Northern Colorado is known for as a hub of micro‑breweries. With knowledgeable beer experts, referred to as cicerones, local Loveland breweries are ready to welcome customers with open arms, and of course a cold beer. A few breweries that should be on your list to hop into include the Loveland Taphouse, Verboten and Ale Works. They are all located in downtown and each offer their own unique touch on the art of beer. Cheers!
- 4th Street Dining – Make sure to bring your appetite when strolling 4th Street downtown. The restaurants in Loveland, Colorado will leave you craving your next visit. Cuisines range from wholesome American, savory Italian, spicy Mexican and everything in between. It is challenging to pick a place to eat when there are so many delicious options to choose from, so we will give you some recommendations of must‑haves while you are out and about. Mo Betta Gumbo offers Cajun and creole cuisine that immediately sends your taste buds into the deep south for some good ole’ southern comfort food. The Loveland Chophouse serves its guests traditional steak and seafood cuisine in a rustic‑style environment, providing the perfect environment to enjoy a meal with friends and family. The Pourhouse Bar and Grill features some of the finest micro‑brews on tap along with a large selection of Scotch that accompanies hearty tavern food for all to indulge. Last, but certainly not least, is Henry’s Pub. They whip up comfort food that makes one feel as if they’ve landed back in their grandma’s kitchen with contemporary and classic American cuisine, and yes even fried pickles, complete with a relaxed space to savor the flavor.
The Lakes at Centerra residents have the best of both worlds. They can choose to spend their days in the neighborhood connecting with lifelong friends and the beautiful nature surrounding them, or pop into downtown Loveland where music, art and residents fill the streets with life. Entertainment, food and drinks are all just a hop, skip and a jump away from The Lakes at Centerra, proving that life is genuinely different here.