From early morning games to after school activities, we know that you and your family are constantly on the move! Residents at The Lakes at Centerra get the best of both worlds where nature meets urban living. You are located close to one of the top schools in Colorado and have all of the resources around to ensure your family grows-up healthy and happy throughout the years, plus with the great outdoors right in your backyard, your kids are in the perfect location to learn and explore along the way! Whether you’re already a resident at The Lakes or a family looking to purchase one of our new homes in Loveland, Colorado, we are here to paint you a picture of what life is really like in this beautiful place we call home.
- The Alarm Clock Is Ringing – In a house filled with growing kids, you want to make sure they’re fueling up with nutritious foods to keep them focused and energized during the day. There are great Farmer’s Markets in the area offering fresh local produce. Once you’ve got those tummies filled and the lunches packed, it’s off to school!
- Hit the Books – As a parent, you can have peace of mind when it comes to your children’s education. Family comes first in your book, and ours, which is why The Lakes at Centerra features a world-class Pre-K-8th grade innovative school. Now that the kids are a bit older, they can even walk or bike right from home! The High Plains School operates on a unique S.T.E.A.M curriculum that integrates a multifaceted range of concepts including (but not limited to) science, technology, engineering, art and math. Critical thinking skills, local and global awareness, as well as communication and collaborative skills are taught to students on a daily basis to help strengthen their perseverance, responsibility, and citizenship.
- Off to Work – Now that the kiddos are off at school during the day, you can switch gears and work on your career and your professional aspirations. There are plenty of Loveland, Colorado jobs if you’re seeking new opportunities. Maybe you’re a nurse or doctor looking to find work at one of the many hospitals in Loveland, Colorado or perhaps you work in finance and want to land a job at one of the banks in Loveland, Colorado. Whatever the case may be, the opportunities to support your family are within reach.
- Family Fun – It’s time for that good ‘ole fashioned family bonding! When the snow is falling, send the kids outside to go sledding, build a snowman or go ice skating close to home at The Promenade Shops at Centerra. During the summer months, we recommend taking the family out to Carter Lake in Loveland, Colorado for hours of fishing, swimming and hiking. Soak up the Rocky Mountain air right outside your backdoor and the gorgeous community landscape while getting some exercise on a bike or by foot. You can also head to The Promenade Shops at Centerra, a great place to take the family to shop for the latest clothes and accessories, especially when the kids are growing like weeds! It’s also just the place to find school supplies, sporting equipment and even new home décor to spruce the place up and make it truly yours! (Pro-tip: The Lakes at Centerra has TONS of Pinterest Boards for decorating your house during every season). Planning a birthday party or celebration but don’t want your house bombarded with youngsters? Take the kids to The Summit where they can play arcade games, laser tag and bowl while you can sit back, relax and most importantly not have to worry about cleaning up the mess!
- What’s for Dinner? – How is the day already over? Time sure does fly by when you’re having fun with your family! While homes at The Lakes at Centerra have spacious kitchens to enjoy home-cooked meals, sometimes it’s nice to get out and enjoy some local dining options and avoid the dreaded “dish duty.” There are plenty of restaurants close to home that are delicious and nutritious for your whole crew to enjoy. Some local favorites are Mo’ Betta Gumbo, Henry’s Pub and Rock Bottom.
- Keep Your Eyes on the Calendar – With a variety of annual family-friendly events, Loveland, Colorado is the perfect place for year-round activities. Don’t forget to mark your calendars and join the traditions, and maybe even make some traditions of your own! Here are some events that you and your neighbors won’t want to miss; Sounds of Centerra, Winter Wonderlights, Lake Loveland Fireworks, Loveland Fire and Ice Festival, Movies on Main and The Larimer County Fair and Rodeo.
Each and every day in Loveland, Colorado is special and unique in its own way, much like you and your family. Regardless of how you spend your days with your loved ones, know that you are surrounded by a vibrant active community that always puts family first because life is simply different here.