Day in the Life: Sophisticated Rocky Mountain Living
You are in one of the most exciting chapters of your life—welcome to retirement! Through various careers, moves, kids and maybe even grandkids, your journey has been memorable, but retirement is truly one of the greatest parts of the ride! You finally have the time to do everything you have always dreamed of and to spend time with your friends and family like never before. At The Lakes at Centerra, life at any phase is full of opportunities. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start Your Day – With the majestic Rocky Mountains in your backyard and plenty of wildlife in the area, your mornings consist of making a hot cup of coffee and soaking in all of the natural beauty surrounding your home. Strolling down the extensive trail system at The Lakes at Centerra is a great way to start your day! On your walk you will see hundreds of birds, youngsters on their way to school and two breathtaking lakes surrounding The Lakes at Centerra community.
- Soak in the Community – The Lakes at Centerra has a clubhouse that offers various clubs for residents to partake in, including quilting, yoga, reading and even weekly game nights. This is a perfect way to spend time close to home and get to know your neighbors in a causal setting. Another popular place to spend time for residents is volunteering and gardening at the High Plains Environmental Center. Located in the heart of The Lakes at Centerra, this beautiful community gathering placer has 76 acres of natural landscape with a Giving Garden! The plants truly thrive in this Loveland, Colorado weather creating a gorgeous scene for all to enjoy. Volunteer opportunities are also available for all ages.
- Quiet Afternoons – A unique attraction close to our new homes in Loveland, Colorado is Chapungu Sculpture Park at Centerra. This one‑of‑a‑kind sanctuary merges culture and nature with Zimbabwean stone sculptures, benches and a gentle stream that runs through the park. It’s open year‑round and is a hotspot for locals to take a nice afternoon walk and admire all of the art and creativity that went into each and every piece featured in the unique outdoor collection. Other activities in the area include shopping in downtown, Loveland Colorado where there are various art galleries, boutiques and antique shops. There are also lakes close by for RV or tent camping and plenty of great fishing spots, nature trails and of course opportunities to take in that fresh mountain air!
- Keep Close to Loveland’s Heart – A tradition near and dear to Loveland, Colorado is their Valentine Re‑Mailing Program. This program is the largest of its kind in the nation and has been an annual tradition for over 70 years! Volunteer stampers come alongside The Loveland Chamber of Commerce and the United States Postal Service to give a special touch to Valentine letters all across the world with a unique cachet stamp and message that brings love, hope and sentiments to loved ones. Interested in being a part of this special tradition? Learn more here!
- Hit the Town – If you’ve worked up an appetite, there are great restaurants in Fort Collins, Colorado as well as Loveland that are suitable for all occasions. Once you feast on some local dishes, keep the night going and catch a show at the Rialto Theater or one of the movie theaters in Loveland, Colorado. If you’re looking to retreat back home, you can find neighbors spending unwinding at The Lakes Club grilling, playing games and visiting with one another, where you’re always welcome to join in on the friendly conversation! A favorite for our residents is gathering near the indoor fireplace in the winter months, grabbing a board game or book while watching the snow flurries and sipping hot cocoa!
- Keep Your Eyes on the Calendar – Loveland, Colorado has a variety of annual events that the locals look forward to all year. Here are some special events that you don’t want to miss; Valentine Re‑Mailing Program, Art in the Park, Pastels on Fifth, and The Larimer County Fair and Rodeo.
Enjoy your well‑deserved free time and take advantage of the simple life. The Lakes at Centerra is where nature meets urban, neighbors become life‑long friends, and your house becomes your forever home for sophisticated Rocky Mountain living. Life is simply different here.