Day in the Life: Full House Families
A day in your shoes is typically busy to say the least. From getting the kids fed and out the door in the morning, to winding them down for bed is quite the task! We understand what it’s like to have a house full of growing kids, and here are some fun, family‑friendly ideas to keep those growing minds and bodies busy.
- Rise and Shine – Once the alarm clock rings for the final time and the kids are awake, it’s your cue to get a healthy and hearty meal on the table for those growing bodies. Within a short distance to your residence are plenty of great grocery stores and farmer’s markets to make sure that you and your family are feasting on natural and nutritious dishes to keep you going throughout your day.
- Off to School – A great education is in the forefront of every parent’s mind when it comes to their children. The Lakes at Centerra neighborhood is within walking distance to High Plains School, a world‑class Pre‑K‑8th grade innovative school that focuses on critical thinking skills, local and global awareness, communication and collaboration to ensure that your children are set up for success in the years to come. The school’s S.T.E.A.M curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math) challenges students to apply their knowledge to real life situations using a problem‑based learning approach. With endless after‑school activities including sports, clubs and other events throughout the year, you can have peace of mind knowing that your kids are getting the best education possible at a school that is close enough for them to walk or bike to right from your house.
- Take on the Professional World – With your kids in school and enrolled in after‑school activities like sports and clubs, you can focus on your professional career with endless jobs in Loveland, Colorado. Opportunities in the area are growing so if you’re looking to move up within your current company or make a switch and start on a new career path, now is the perfect time. Whatever your passion or expertise is, there are job opportunities close to home, and maybe even something you could bike to everyday!
- Weekend Warriors – On the weekends when you aren’t attending your kid’s games or running weekly errands, get the family together and have day full day of family bonding! Loveland, Colorado skiing is a local favorite and a perfect activity for the entire family! In winter’s off‑season, there are plenty of things to do like swimming or boating at one of the local reservoirs. Feeling adventurous? Get those heart rates up! Gather the family for a local hike or bike ride on one of the many trail systems available in Loveland or Fort Collins. If you have the kids and their friends to entertain, take them to one of the movie theaters in Loveland, Colorado, do some shopping at the Promenade Shops at Centerra or just set up an outdoor game in your backyard and have some fun in sun!
- Parent’s Getaway – You are the true superheroes of the community. You take care of your family and make sure that they are healthy and happy every day. We encourage you to also treat yourself every now and then, it’s a well‑deserved break! There are great restaurants in Loveland, Colorado that are perfect for date night. Some of our favorites are Door 222, Bent Fork Grill and Loveland Chophouse. If you’ve really lucked out and have family in town to watch the kids overnight, take a mini‑staycation and spend the night at one of the Fort Collins, Colorado hotels, like The Elizabeth Hotel, for a kid‑free night. The best part? You are more than likely to stumble upon live music and great food and beverage opportunities.
- Winding Down – Regardless of the day of the week, it is always nice to end the day spending time with your loved ones. Take an evening stroll on the trail system behind your house, spend some time at one of the two lakes in the neighborhood, or just enjoy the peace and quiet of the Rocky Mountain lifestyle as you relax on your back porch. In the winter enjoy a cup of hot chocolate as you and your family watch snowflakes fall and reflect on the day (just don’t forget the marshmallows). Soon it’s time to lay down those heads for a good night’s sleep in your beautiful new home.
- Keep Your Eyes on the Calendar – Loveland, Colorado has a variety of annual events that the locals look forward to all year. We suggest you mark your calendars and join the traditions throughout the year with your friends and family! Here are some events that you don’t want to miss; Winter Wonderlights, Lake Loveland Fireworks, Loveland Fire and Ice Festival, Pastels on Fifth, and The Larimer County Fair and Rodeo.
These years are the greatest! Watching your children grow up and spending time making memories together is what it’s all about. When life gets busy, remember family memories are everything! We’re excited to watch your family grow at The Lakes at Centerra where life is truly different.